Reports to: Head of Communications
LOE: Full-time 40 hours/week
Contract Type: Consultancy Contract
Issue Date: November 2022
About the Organization & Role
Jusoor (which means ‘bridges’ in Arabic) is an international NGO founded in 2011 with the mission of Investing in Syria’s Youth for a Better Tomorrow. The organization has become a leading global actor in educational and entrepreneurial programs for Syrian children and youth. The organization is known for its innovative approach to development challenges, high-velocity execution, and the strength of its global strategic partnerships and active volunteer base.
At Jusoor, we believe in the power of people to bring about extraordinary change. We see the Jusoor team as leaders of a significant shift in the future of Syria and Syrians globally.
This role will oversee and coordinate public relations with celebrities and influencers, and partnerships with other organizations, in addition to being involved in Jusoor’s visibility as an organization in the industry to establish Jusoor as a key player to wider audiences. In addition, this role will be directly working with the media by creating good relationships, expanding the database of various contacts in different industries, and executing strategies for media coverage.
Required Skills and Experience
Great relationship-building skills
- Project management experience
- Have experience in PR communications
- Knowledge of the various outreach tactics
- Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic communication
A minimum of three years of experience in PR and Media is required
Role Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Outreach and build strong relationships with media outlets like TV, newspapers, and digital news outlets across multiple parts of the world, mainly the US, Canada, UK, Jordan, Lebanon, and MENA
- Plan and execute events to engage Jusoor with the media on a deeper level and be the connection to news outlets
- Figure out and prepare a list of which media outlets are interested in which topics and which angles can be taken to increase the likelihood of possible publications or posts about Jusoor
- Secure visibility appearance over media channels to promote Jusoor’s work
- Create and maintain a “Public Appearance Guideline” to be used for public events by team members
Partnerships and Collaborations
Responsible for shortlisting, overseeing, and potentially handling strategic outreach with other organizations, companies, and agencies that might be of great value to the organization and can help accelerate our goals through strategic partnerships
- Create a celebrity outreach strategy to be able to attract and secure partnerships with celebrities, helping Jusoor get higher exposure with audiences who resonate with Jusoor’s mission and goals
- Prepare and reach out to influencers to build a database of potential collaborations for different types of visibility and fundraising campaigns
- Handle leads and CRM data management to be the main point of connection between Jusoor and our secured contacts
- Execute strategies to engage with the influencers and increase their engagement and collaboration knowledge of Jusoor. Ex. hosting influencer events
- Create organization presentations that can be used in our partnership and collaboration outreach tactics
- Handle relationship management of Jusoor’s partners and collaborators during in-person events
- Be on the lookout for content that needs to be flagged, posted by partners, donors, or industry organizations
Work with the Head of Communications and Production Coordinator to produce and maintain brand visibility elements at Jusoor’s centers, public, private, and program events
- Work with the Head of Communications and Marketing Operations Coordinator on securing potential collaborations for shared content to expand our digital visibility
- Represent Jusoor in selected events
- Proofread the scripts that will be used in events and PR announcements to make sure the language matches the guidelines
- Seek possible event or panel representation that can increase Jusoor’s visibility
- Plan and secure media publications and panels that advocate and shed light on the Syrian refugees’ education situation, with the potential of lobbying and collaborating with other organizations to achieve a bigger impact
Working with Jusoor
We place integrity, accountability, fairness, and respect at the core of our values.
- We treat everyone with courtesy and respect
- We never engage in or accept any form of harassment, bullying, discrimination, exploitation, or abuse of any kind.
- We consistently demonstrate collegiality and openness to different viewpoints.
- We act honestly and professionally in all work-related matters and uphold ethical professional practices
- We are inclusive and provide equitable access to information, resources, and opportunity and do not discriminate based on age, race, gender, religion, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation.
Why Work With us
We are a diverse and fun people to work with
- Competitive Paid Time Off policy
- Professional Development stipend (focused on individuals’ career goals), plus organization-wide training opportunities
- Growth opportunities within the organization for the right candidate
Learn more about Jusoor and the team behind it here: https://jusoor.ngo/About#team
Candidates should fill out the form linked below. An interview and a test may be part of the hiring process.
Job opening closes on Thursday 8th December 2022, at GMT midnight
Due to the high number of applications we receive, only applicants we wish to move forward with will be contacted.