Jusoor, the Saïd Foundation, and St Antony’s College collaborate to offer jointly one master-level scholarship for a Syrian student who wishes to pursue their education at St. Antony’s College at the University of Oxford. The scholarship will be to study for a one-year postgraduate Master’s degree offered by St Antony’s College for the school year 2021-2022 and for a value of up to a maximum of $50,000. The amount must cover college fees, university tuition fees, and a stipend and is financed in partnership by Jusoor and the Saïd Foundation.
The following should apply
All Syrian nationals who are residing inside Syria or abroad will be automatically considered for the scholarship if they apply to a master's degree program at St. Antony’s College.
Have relevant volunteer and/or work experience in the field of study.
Have secured a place on the chosen program of study by the completion deadline.
Interest in and commitment towards rebuilding Syria
Only one scholarship will be offered.
The award is made for the full duration of a student’s fee liability for the agreed course and has a maximum value of $50k.
Please carefully read the below
- How much is the scholarship award?
The scholarship will be for a value of up to a maximum of $50,000.
- Which academic institutions are eligible?
Applicants must apply for admission to a full-time graduate course of study that is offered by St Antony’s College to start in 2021/22.
- What are the courses offered?
St Antony’s College accepts students in a wide range of subjects in Social Sciences and Humanities Divisions. Please check the college’s graduate courses page for a list of the subjects they accept.
- What are the requirements for this scholarship?
Applicants must meet the requirements for entry to their course, including English language requirements. See the University’s course guide for more information.
- Do I have to pay the University of Oxford application fee? Will I be compensated?
You don’t have to pay the fee because Syrians get a fee waiver as residents of a low-income country. You can find out more and request a waiver of this fee via this link.
- What do you look for in the ideal candidate?
We look for a balance of the following:
1) strong academic achievement; 2) volunteer and/or work experience relevant to your field of study; 3) proven leadership ability as demonstrated through volunteer and/or work experience; and 4) willingness and demonstrated intent to contribute to the redevelopment of Syria.
- How many awards will be given for this cycle?
Only one master-level scholarship will be awarded to a Syrian student who is residing inside Syria or abroad.
- Who is the selection committee for this scholarship?
Following a meeting of the scholarship selection committee at St Antony’s College, all nominations are reviewed by Jusoor and the Saïd Foundation.
- When will I be notified of my application status?
Successful candidates will be notified by the end of May 2021. Applicants who have not received the offer of an award by the end of May 2021 should assume that they have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- How are awards disbursed?
If selected for the scholarship, the funding will be transferred to St Antony’s College who will be responsible for the distribution of fees and allowances on behalf of and to the selected scholar.